Next year it is Tasmania’s turn to host the Australasian Rogaining Championships. This big event will be held on the weekend of November 9th and 10th in the St Helens - Bay of Fires Region. There will be a wide variety of terrain types in the event area – steep, subtle, granite, coastal, marshes and some former tin mining areas. Don’t be put off because it is a “championship event”. There will be control sites that test the navigational ability of the elite teams, but there will be something for family and social rogainers to enjoy. The event website can be viewed at arc2019.rt.asn.au.
- Prizes. We would love to be able to present place-getters with appropriate mementos. Is there anyone out there who would like to organise something interesting? You can still compete.
- First aid. We need a first aider at the Hash House who is not only qualified but well-experienced. Obviously, this person will not be able to compete. Maybe you have a first-aider friend who would like an expenses-paid camping weekend in good company?
- General logistics. Several people will be needed to transport Hash House equipment and set it up then reverse the process after the event. You will still be able to compete.
- Catering assistance. Our usual professional caterer will be supplying the usual high standard of food, but we can’t expect him to stay up all night. And it’s likely there will be an all-night cafe somewhere out on the course. So, we need a few non-competitors to look after hungry rogainers.
- Admin assistance. The admin desk must have someone ready to check people in and out at any time during the event. A few non-competing helpers will mean our admin manager does not have to be on duty for 24 hours.
If you are interested in helping then please contact Peter.